Additional Visit Options
Unable to plan your visit when the Office of Admission is holding campus tours? Then download a copy of our self-guided tour of Emory University’s Atlanta campus.
We invite you to immerse yourself in the campus community while you are here. Here are a few suggestions to make the most of your time on campus:
- Pick-up the campus newspaper, The Wheel
- Eat in a dining hall
- Start conversations with students, faculty, and staff you see around campus. (Everyone is pretty friendly, we promise.)
Attend a ClassEmory College, Atlanta Campus
Visiting a class is a great way to experience academic life on campus. Class visits are available mid-February through the end of April and October and November.
Prospective students may visit a class by signing up through the Office of Admission during their daily visit. This fall semester, class visits are available most weekdays Monday, September 25, 2017 through Friday, December 1, 2017*. Class visits are arranged the morning of your visit, so plan to arrive as early as 8:30 am to select the class you'd like to attend. We are unable to provide a list of classes in advance, as the list fluctuates throughout the semester. Thank you for understanding.
Please note that class visits are not available on the following dates due to university holidays and other special events:
- Monday, October 9
- Tuesday, October 10
- Friday, October 13
- Wednesday, November 8
- Thursday, November 9
- Wednesday, November 22
- Thursday, November 23
- Friday, November 24
Important information about class visits:
- Students may only visit classes approved by our office.
- The earliest class start time is 9:00 am. Most classes take place between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- Check in for class visits opens at 8:30 am on the day of your visit and is available for the rest of the day.
- Out of respect for current students and faculty, visiting students should plan to arrive to class 15 minutes early. If the class has already begun, students will not be able to attend.
- Students are required to stay for the entire class.
- Due to classroom limitations, only prospective students (not parents/guests) may attend class.
To register for a Class Visit:
- Arrive at the Office of Undergraduate Admission (as early as 8:30 am). Check in at the front desk, and you will be provided with a list of available classes.
- Select a class from the list.
- Sign the Classroom Visitation Guidelines, agreeing to proper classroom behavior.
- Arrive to your class 15 minutes before the start time and enjoy your visit!
If you have any questions about class visits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Dates of class visits availability are subject to change.
To inquire if class visit options are available during your visit to Oxford College, please call the Oxford College Office of Admission at (770) 784-8328.
Learn more about Emory College's fall fly-in visit program for high school seniors from underrepresented backgrounds: CORE (Cultural Overnight Recruitment Experience) Fall Visit Program.
Additional ToursWhile visiting Emory College in Atlanta, you have the option to also connect with other academic departments. Our office is unable to schedule your tours with these departments, but we encourage you to connect with them on your own.
- Goizueta Business School: Information sessions and student-led tours are available on Mondays and Fridays at 3:15 p.m. during the academic year. During the summer, Goizueta staff are available by appointment only. For more information and to arrange a tour, please visit the BBA visit website.
- Woodruff School of Nursing: Student-led tours are offered Mondays at 2:00 p.m. and Thursdays at 3:00 p.m. Click here to arrange your visit or call them directly at 404-727-7980.
- Department of Theater Studies: Please contact Matt Jordan, Academic Administrator at 404-727-6751 or email@example.com, to learn more about Theater at Emory and to schedule your visit.
- Dance Program: Opportunities exist to tour the studios and theater, attend a dance class, speak with current dance students, or meet with a faculty member. To arrange a visit, please complete this online form at least 1-2 weeks in advance of your visit. If you have specific questions about visiting, please include them in the notes/questions section of the form or contact program coordinator Anne Walker by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schwartz Center for Performing Arts: Tours are offered Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., except University holidays. Please call 404-712-2300 to schedule your tour.
Campus Event CalendarsIf you have time to spare during your visit, consider attending a campus event. Many of these events are free (or inexpensive) and open to the public!
- Atlanta Campus Events Calendar
- Oxford College Campus Events Calendar
- Athletics Calendar
- Arts at Emory Calendar
Special AccommodationsVisiting Emory College: If you require a disability-related accommodation during your visit, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at 404-727-6639 or email@example.com. Early requests are strongly encouraged to meet your access needs.
Visiting Oxford College: If you require a disability-related accommodation during your visit, please contact our Disability Services Office at (404) 727-6016 voice or (404) 712-2049 TDD. Early requests are strongly encouraged to meet your access needs.