If you applied for financial aid, your award information will be available from the Financial Aid tile within OPUS approximately 24-48 business hours after the release of your admission decision. If you have missing documentation, your award will not be available. Missing documentation will be listed on your To-Do list from the Tasks tile within OPUS.
If you have questions about financial aid, contact the Office of Financial Aid directly.
Here's how to complete your enrollment:
- Submit your $555 non-refundable enrollment deposit (see instructions below). International students, please scroll down to see information just for you!
- Electronically sign the First-Year Student Agreement (available once you Sign In.)
- See the Important Dates section in Connect and get ready to move to Georgia!
January 15Early Decision I
March 1Early Decision II
May 1Regular Decision
Pay Your Deposit
Online (Preferred Method)
Pay online via OPUS, Emory's online student system, using a U.S. bank account or credit card.
- Obtain your OPUS Network ID and Password (if you have not done so already). If you do not have a social security number, or did not provide one on your application, please visit this alternative page to retrieve your Network ID and password using your Date of Birth and Application Email.
- Once logged into OPUS, click on the Admissions Tile and you will find the link to pay your deposit there. Follow the instructions on the page to pay with a U.S. bank account or credit card.
International Wire Transfer/Foreign Country
International students who don't have a credit card or a U.S. Bank checking or savings account, can pay by international wire transfer through OPUS, Emory's online student portal. You may submit the deposit via foreign currency through the Western Union Business Solutions (WUBS Global Pay) payment process located in OPUS. This process will exchange many different currencies into U.S. Dollars and transfer payment directly to your Emory student account. This method reduces processing fees and time. To select this option inside your OPUS account, click on the Admissions Tile, click the "Pay Admission Deposit" and you will be taken to the view payment instructions.
For deposit payments by foreign currency, please ensure that applicant's full name and seven-digit EMPLID number are entered correctly on the WUBS Global Pay website.
If you cannot use a U.S. Bank account or the foreign currency payment option, then you can wire transfer your payment. Instructions for submitting via a wire transfer are found on the same OPUS page that contains the foreign currency payment instructions. Please review our policies regarding wire transfers. Allow up to 10 business days for the funds to be posted.
Request a Gap Year
Given the fluidity of the situation, requests to defer enrollment (take a gap year) remain open beyond our traditional June 1 deadline.
As the university’s approach to the coming academic year is shared, families are encouraged to decide what is best for their student’s academic and personal success. If that includes deferring enrollment, please communicate that to us as soon as possible, so that the university can plan accordingly. Should we need to provide an updated deadline for deferral requests, we will communicate that to you, ensuring any new deadline is respectful of the time families need to make this important decision.
A few additional notes about deferring enrollment:
- As with previous years, deferral requests are considered holistically and on a case-by-case basis. Students are encouraged to provide as much information about their plans as possible when they submit their request.
- Students may defer enrollment for a full year, entering Emory University in August 2021. We do not offer spring enrollment.
- Emory University does not have a cap on how many students can defer enrollment. The university has never operated with such a cap, and we do not plan to have one this year.
Please review the deferral policy for your campus, and note that all deferral requests must be approved by our office.