First-Year Application Requirements
Applying to Emory University is done online through either the Common Application or the Coalition Application. Students have the freedom to select either application, and the Admission staff is not, in any way, partial to one application over the other. Both applications offer the same personalized options to all students: to apply to either Emory College, Oxford College, or both and to select the desired admission plan.
To complete your admission file, we require:
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- A $75 application fee or application fee waiver
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts, if applicable
- Official scores from the SAT and/or the ACT; if English is your second language, it is highly recommended that you submit results from the TOEFL or IELTS
- Testing Codes: SAT/TOEFL: 5187; ACT: 0810
- Secondary school report/counselor’s recommendation
- Two teacher letters of recommendation
- Mid-year report (due January 25 for Early Decision II applicants; February 15 for Regular Decision applicants)
- Home-Schooled Applicants: In addition to meeting all admission requirements and submitting the required results from the SAT or ACT, we request that home-schooled applicants also submit results from three SAT II subject exams—one in mathematics and two of the student's choosing. Additionally, we require at least one letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member. We also encourage home-schooled applicants to submit a comprehensive explanation of their curriculum.
Application RemindersWe offer this helpful list of reminders to streamline the college application process for you.
- All application materials are found online through either the Common Application or the Coalition Application.
- All Emory application deadlines are for online submission or postmark.
- If you are applying to Emory College, Oxford College, or both, you need only submit one application and one set of supporting documents.
- Any mailed application materials need to be sent to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
3263-001-1AA (omit for UPS, FedEx)
1390 Oxford Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322-1016
- Any mailed application materials should include the applicant's full name, date of birth, and application ID number.
- Make a copy of ALL application materials submitted.
- The Admission Committee is unable to return any part of your application.